Sunday, August 22, 2010

Intention

Meditation has long intrigued me, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to study it and to begin a practice.  I'm not even sure I used to understand the concept of a practice.  It was more of a, "this odd thing at the end of my yoga workout seems interesting." 

The desire really began to take root when my 3 young children began to reach toddlerhood.  I was seeking to create a more peaceful and mindful daily rhythm to our lives.  I wanted to be more present for them, seeking to find a connection and a balance with a life I find difficult, meeting the needs of these small creatures who need so much.  Also, I wanted to yell less. 

I begin today and set my intention.  Twice a day, for the next 365 days, I will endeavor to meditate.  I will see where it takes me.  Or, rather, where I take myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment